Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Time is a wastin'--HERE I AM!

Hello Cyberconsciousness, welcome to my world!

I've been thinking about things. For about forty years. And when I finally decide to try to express some of my opinions--to try to get published--I find the road too long, too barred with obstacles, too oppressed with other people's time lines, too designed to thwart my voice, to edit my thoughts. So, rather than play by any one else's rules, HERE I AM! Live. Any time I wish (or that you wish). Thank you for tuning in--for giving me a chance. I hope you find my words and perspectives intriguing if not provocative. My goal is to get people to think, to wake up from the malaise of the brainwashing they've been subjected to.

Wondering about my name? Some of you will remember the news anchor from the 1976 movie, Network, played by actor Peter Finch. Tired of the bullshit he was subjected to and forced to report, he went on a live rampage on television saying he was "mad as hell" and that he was "not going to take it anymore." In reverence and deference to the spirit of that powerful role, here I am: The Peter Finch Network. RAGE HARD!

My main targets are "education" (state-enforced compulsory schooling), capitalism ("capitalizing on the compliance of the brainwashed masses"), consumerism, two-party politics, fear-based thinking, anti-democracy, government and media propaganda, Pragmatism, the soul-less society, etc., etc. etc. Look for my first entries soon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment